Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whew! Too much to do!

I got a new calling today. I am a Beehive Advisor. I'm not quite sure what I do-I guess I advise. LOL. I'm excited. I haven't worked in the Young Women program before so this will be fun. Brianna is a Beehive, she is 2nd counselor in the presidency, it will be fun working with her. Candice is sad, though, because I was released as her Activity Day leader.

Recovery from my surgery is coming along. My six weeks is up tomorrow, I see the doctor on Tuesday and hopefully I will get the clear to return back to normal. I don't quite feel all normal, I still get a few pains here and there but it is getting better every week. Wahoo.

We are enjoying the holiday season. The girls had fun in the snow today. Mark is dreading his drive in it this week. Maybe that's why I hate the snow, well, that and I always froze in it growing up. I need to find something fun about it. I tried thinking positive like, "I don't have to do yard work" but then scraping snow off the driveway isn't much better. Hmmph.

Today Lindsey played her flute in our stake Christmas Fireside. She was with another flute, a french horn, oboe and clarinet. She did a good job. It was a very nice presentation.

My goal this week is to get my Christmas cards out. Although, GayLee likes it when I send them after Christmas because then it makes it okay for her too. Hey, it is better late than never, right?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new calling. In my last ward I was the Laurel advisor. I absolutely loved it! I only had to teach Laurels every week. I wasn't required to go to their weekly activities or anything. (Which was good because at the time I had a 1, 3 and 5 yr old). I was also camp director that year and it was fun to be with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey—I'm finally reading weeks and weeks of backlogged email and just discovered your blog. Good for you! I'm so glad you're this far past the surgery; things can only get better from this point on. We miss you all so much. We're absolutely snowed in here, waiting for Santa. Merry Christmas and lots and lots and lots of love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete